Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baby Jesus and Christmas Eve Eve

I have totally been a blog slacker over the last couple of weeks. This is partly due to the fact that I got a Kindle for Christmas and have been reading it so much. But, I have had several people comment that they have been waiting to read about Scout's first Christmas, so I figured it was time to get back on the blogging wagon, and I will start with Christmas Eve Eve and hopefully will add Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve pretty soon.

First of all, our Christmas season was such a blessing. Back on December 13th our family was chosen to participate in a special tradition at our church. Each year, the Baby Jesus is passed from family to family during the advent season. He comes with a little journal where you can reflect on your time with Him. We received Him, and I let Scout hold him. I love the joy on her face in this picture. This will be part of her first Christmas season that I will never forget and was the start of many exciting days for our family.

Now on to Christmas Eve Eve. Christmas Eve Eve morning, Makayla, her BFF Corrina, my mom and my sister came to my house. Of course, Scout got to open a couple of presents with Makayla's help.

But, the real reason everyone came to visit was to bring my Christmas present, a new camera. They thought it would be nice for me to have it early so I could take some good pictures of Scout's first Christmas.
Here is my first picture with my new camera, Scout and Makayla.

Corrina helped Scout open a present too - A Little People Nativity. She also got the Little People Wisemen and Stable. I look forward to getting these out each Christmas.

Christmas Eve Eve's afternoon was spent at Janny and Granpappy's house with Janny, Grandpappy, Tanner, Uncle Avery and soon-to-be Aunt Amanda. Scout was so blessed with so many fun presents including an adorable piano, a precious pink polka-dot chair, two little riding cars, a Fisher Price Giraffe, and so much more.

Here is Scout playing Giraffe with Uncle Avery.
After opening a few presents, Scout was tuckered out. She needed a little nap before she could go at it again. This was perfect because it gave us time to eat.
Daniel's mom and dad got Scout this precious pink polka-a-dot chair. Scout absolutely loves it. When she opened it, she played in it and patted it like it was the best thing ever! And, it looks so cute in her playroom next to her pink lamp Janny and Granpappy got for her. She has her own little reading corner where she enjoys chewing on her books, Ha!

Uncle Avery and Aunt Amanda got Scout the cutest little Christmas storybook with a little hand puppet. This will be another thing we treasure getting out each year at Christmas.

Scout was so blessed to receive so much from Janny, Granpappy, Avery, Amanda and Tanner. Daniel and I racked up too with hunting stuff for Daniel, a gift card for me, and both getting money from Daniel's parent. It was a wonderful Christmas Eve Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment