Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Special Visitor, Crib, and Week 14

Yesterday, I had the honor of having a special visitor come to see me! Take a look at this cutie!

This is Baby Ava. She came to spend the day with me yesterday so her mommy could go to work. We had such a fun time playing on her mat, swinging and rocking. She also left me quite a few nice surprises in the diaper department. Thanks to Katie for letting me spend a fun day with Ava! She is such a sweetie!

Guess what we ordered Sunday night? If you guessed a crib, you are right. You also might like to know that we did go with BLACK! The crib will be our Christmas present from my mom and looks like the one below. How exciting! Take a look and see what you think. We also ordered the four drawer dresser but not the changing table because shipping was so expensive on it ($180.00 dollars - isn't that crazy). Hopefully, JC Penney will do a free furniture shipping soon. If not, I guess we will have to cough up $180.00. I think we could drive to the warehouse and get it cheaper than $180.00. Oh well!


Our Crib Style and Dresser

Bella by Savanna


And now for some Week 14 Information (a day late)!!!!!

First of all, Daniel and I went for a visit with Dr. Rivero on Monday. He said that everything looked great. We heard the heartbeat, and it ranged anywhere from 148 - 159 during the time he measured it. He also told us that we could have our next appointment and an ultrasound on DECEMBER 23RD!!!!!!!! Woohoo! That means everyone will get an extra special surprise on Christmas and find out what BabyBoo is going to be. When we go the ultrasound, we plan to have the ultrasound lady write the sex of the baby down. Then, I am going to give it to my friend Jodi and she is going to help me by hiding the sex of the baby in a cake or present. Last, on Christmas Day, we will slice the cake or open the present so that our family (including Daniel and I) all find out at the same time. Won't that be a hoot! Just for fun, I am going to attempt to put a "Guess the Sex of the Baby" widget on our blog.


Week 14 Picture


What's going on during Week 14?

*More specific development is occurring in BabyBoo's brain.

*BabyBoo's ears are moving from the neck to the side of the head and the chin is better defined.

*BabyBoo now how unique fingerprints.

*More reflexive movements can be demonstrated at this time by BabyBoo.

*BabyBoo is 3.5 inches long and weighs 1.4 oz. Dr. Rivero said he or she was about the size of a fist.

*BabyBoo can hear sounds now and is able to feel pain.

*BabyBoo's movement might allow me to feel a flutter movement in my tummy.


I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Daniel and I have so much to be thankful for at this time, and we hope you do to!


No comments:

Post a Comment