Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 21 Update and Name

Alright gang . . . . .we have a name! If you don't already know, our baby girl will be named Elizabeth Scout Wiggs. We will call her Scout! I just love our choice, and I think she will too! Here is some information about the names we chose.

Elizabeth:

From Elisabet, the Greek form of the Hebrew name Elisheva meaning "my God is a vow". In the Old Testament, Elisheva is the wife of Aaron. In the New Testament, the name is borne by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist. It was also the name of the 12th-century Saint Elizabeth, by two ruling queens of England (the 16th-century Elizabeth I, and the current ruling queen, Her Majesty Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom), and by an empress of Russia. Elizabeth was Daniel's grandmother's middle name.

Scout:

Best known as a character in Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird". It means observer.


I am going to try something new and add a little information about me and how I am progressing through this pregnancy. I hope I can keep it up each week! If not, it might be something fun for every now and then.

Week 6

Week 21



How far along: 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 16 pounds (AHHHHHH!)
Maternity clothes: Most of the time . . . . I am so grateful for my sweet friends Amanda and Katie. My closet is now stocked with adorable maternity clothes.
Stretch marks: Not yet!
Sleep: Not to good! Many bathroom trips and trying to get comfortable.
Best moment this week: Feeling more movement
Movement: At night . . . .
Food cravings: Sonic popcorn chicken and honey mustard, Lemon/Lime Water
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Still in
What I miss: Being able to keep up in my kickboxing class . . . . .I can still do the class, but I have to take it easy!
What I am looking forward to: Picking nursery bedding, so we can get the room painted.

And now for the little girl . . . .

Here is what Baby Scout is up to this week:
*Baby Scout is about 10.5 inches and weighs about 12.5 oz
*Baby Scout is about the size of a spaghetti squash.
*Baby Scout is wiggling around like a little fish at night, and I am noticing a big increase in her movement. She is wiggling as I type.
*Baby Scout still has a lot of room in the womb.
*Baby Scout's movement will steadily increase until about week 30-32 when she will become cramped.
*Baby Scout has distinct sleep and wake cycles.
*Baby Scout sleeps as much as 12 to 14 hours per day.
*Baby Scout's heartbeat can now be heard with a stethoscope.
*Baby Scout is practicing her swallowing and digesting by drinking several ounces of amniotic fluid each day.

I also think this will be the last week to vote for Baby Scout's bedding, and I will remove the survey this Sunday. If you haven't voted and would like to, check out the survey at the top, right corner of the blog. You can click on the link to make the pictures bigger. If you have any ideas for a new survey, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment