Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 23 Update (Late)

Ok . . . .so I usually post my weekly updates on Wednesday, but this Wednesday I was so tired when I got home that I just couldn't stay awake to get it done. So, I thought I will get it done tomorrow (Thursday). Everything to follow through with that plan started out just right. I got most of the post written last night (this is now Friday morning), and as I was finishing up, the internet decided to go out! Ahhhhhh! Yes, this is a little late but here it is! Week 23!


Week 23 Belly Pic

How far along: 23 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: About 23 pounds . . . . WOW!
Maternity clothes: Most of the time . . . .
Stretch marks: Not yet!
Sleep: Great!
Best moment this week: Telling my kids at school that I am having a baby . . . . they just giggled like it was the funniest thing ever!
Movement: Quite a bit!
Food cravings: Almonds . . . .
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Still in
What I miss: Hmmmmm. . . . can't think of anything right now
What I am looking forward to: Getting the bedding (it is on the way) and the room painted

What about Baby Scout?
*Baby Scout is approximately 11.4 inches and about 1 pound 3 oz
*Baby Scout has gained about 2 - 3 ounces since last week
*Baby Scout's body and head are now at the same relative proportions as a full-term baby
*Baby Scout is still frail and wrinkled
*Baby Scout's eyes are formed but still lack pigment
*Baby Scout's fingernails are almost completely formed
*If Baby Scout was born today, her survival rate would be 10 - 20% and she would most likely have serious medical complications (I hope Baby Scout makes it to the end of school)
*Baby Scout now makes my belly measure one and a half inches above my naval
*Baby Scout should now be blessing me with the linea nigra (a dark line down my belly), but I don't see it yet!
*Baby Scout is the size of a small doll
*Baby Scout's weight will double in the next four weeks
*Baby Scout's skin is reddish in color now because of developing blood vessels
*Baby Scout is about the same size as an ear of corn


A few weeks ago, I did a little blog commercial for Design Dazzle. As I was checking out her posts a few days ago, I came across a little project idea for Daniel and his daddy. Here is a picture from the finished project from that Design Dazzle post.


Isn't this the cutest kitchen ever? And you would never guess what it is made from . . . . an old entertainment center. Lucky for Daniel and his daddy, we have an old entertainment center in Baby Scout's room that we were going to have to remove. If you are interested in this project, take a look at the post where the idea came from here: The Kitchen Project.

I hope that many of you are enjoying the start of your Snow Day. I know I am. Maybe we will get some real snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment