Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My First Shower

This past Saturday, five wonderful ladies from our church hosted my very first baby shower! One sweet lady kept telling that baby showers were better than Christmas and boy was she right! I had such a fun time.


Unfortunately, one of those sweet ladies was sick and couldn't come. I sure was sad she missed out on all the fun, but I know she wanted to get better quickly because she has a new grandbaby she wants to spoil.

The first item on the party agenda was enjoying some yummy treats. All the party guests enjoyed Petit Fours that were so yummy (I had the strawberry, and it was soooooo delicious!), fresh fruit, chicken salad, and scrumptious banana punch just to name a little. Here are a few of the guests finishing up the yummies!

I spent the next hour or so opening all the sweet gifts for Baby Scout. I was lucky enough to have a sweet helper, Jamie, to make the gift opening much easier. I appreciated all the help so much.


I felt so blessed by all the wonderful things I received. I can not say enough thanks for all the gracious friends who attended and bought such precious things for Baby Scout.


I did receive one gift with Scout's name on it. I just love these sweet diapers monogrammed with her name. I can't wait until she gets here, and I can put her sweet name with her sweet face. It still is a little hard for me to understand that this baby in my belly is Baby Scout.

Last, we played a really fun baby shower game. The hostesses had taken four little diapers and smushed candy bars inside them to look like poop (Ha!). Each guest had to look and smell the diapers to see if they could figure out what candy bar was inside. Here is my niece, Makayla, getting a good smell of one of the diapers. Isn't that hilarious! Luckily for my friend Jane, she was able to guess all four "poops" correctly. She won a sweet pink baby toy as her prize. She was very kind to donate that to Baby Scout!


I love this picture that Mrs. Linda took of my sister, my niece (isn't she a cutie), me and my mom before the shower started. We are all so excited about Baby Scout and look forward to when she will get to be in the picture too!

No comments:

Post a Comment