Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

10 Years Ago Today

On December 18, 1999, I married my sweet Daniel. Over the past ten years, he has taken such good care of me and spoiled me rotten. Of course, we have had our ups and downs as to be expected. But, I feel like we are at one of the happiest times of our lives right now!

December 18, 1999



At one of my wedding showers, the hostesses had each person write a letter to Daniel and I about how the future might be looking during the next few years. Each letter was put in an envelope and sealed. On the front was written DO NOT OPEN UNTIL YOUR _____ ANNIVERSARY! This was such a fantastic idea, and we have enjoyed opening those letters and reading them over the years. We are sad to say that the last letter is for our 12th Anniversary. This fun tradition will be missed after our 12th year.

I thought everyone might enjoy reading some of the things that were written in the letters and if you are planning a wedding shower for anyone, I suggest doing this little activity. We have really enjoyed it! In a way, this is also a tribute to the individuals who wrote the letters. Some of these people are watching down from heaven now and some I don't get to see as often as I would like.

1st - No letters

2nd - I'm so happy for you and Daniel, I hope this day finds you as in love as ever, I hope your little daughter is here my now and is sleeping all night, I have been married to Mr. Clark 30 years and I hope you are as happy as we are still

3rd - Whatever you are doing on this day I hope you all will be happy and healthy, Keep your head up and never go to bed angry, please . . . ., I wish ya'll many, many more happy years together!

4th - I hope by now there is one child on the way, I figure by this anniversary you all are really getting in the groove of this marriage and about ready to start having kids, You will know each other well now and it is time to start adding to the family, I hope you have settled into marriage by now

5th - Ollie and I have been married 52 years and hope you and Daniel will be married even longer, Always walk with Jesus and our heavenly Father and the trials of this life will be easier to bear, Whatever comes your way in the future go through it together and keep the love in you hearts

6th - May God bless you and keep you, May He make His light to shine upon you and give you peace

7th - No letters

8th - No letters

9th - No letters

10th - By your tenth anniversary you will have kids in school

It is so fun to see what everyone thought the future would bring for Daniel and me. Some of those comments will hold true for Daniel and I forever and others as well. Hope you enjoyed reading each one of the comments and maybe one day you will be writing a letter to someone special at their wedding shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment