Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

35 Week Belly Pic

How far along: 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 40 pounds . . . .Yes, I know! That is a lot!
Maternity clothes: Always!
Stretch marks: Yes, but not too bad!
Sleep: Not much! I am waking every one to two hours.
Best moment this week: Ultrasound (More on that later), Shower (another post)
Movement: Sooooo Much, You can really see her moving from the outside now!
Food cravings: Nothing Really
Gender: Girl . . . . Elizabeth "Scout"
Labor signs: Braxton-Hicks (happening more and more)
Belly button in or out: Still in!!!! . . . . No flatty (flat-e), yet!
What I miss: Sleep! I feel so grumpy all the time!
What I am looking forward to: My shower at school next Wednesday! I think we are having strawberry cake . . . .Yum!

Baby Scout and I were able to have another ultrasound this week which was very exciting. I learned a few new things about Baby Scout that were very fun! One thing I learned was that Baby Scout has hair. You could see it sticking out from the back of her head. Now, we have to wonder if it will be dark enough to see or too light. But, we know it is there! Something else was that she still loves her thumb. She would put it in and out everytime we tried to get a good picture. She also likes to open and close her eyes. This was another little trick she did while we were watching. Finally, according to her measurements, Baby Scout weighs approximately 5 pounds 15 ounces. I can't believe she started out at half the size of a fingernail at our first ultrasound and now she is the size of a melon!

Another little exciting note . . . . I have booked Baby Scout's photographer for her newborn and one year pictures. You can take a look at the photographer's website here: Jessica Winn. She is also coming on May 9th to do some maternity photos with Daniel and me. I hope I can take a few decent pictures to help me remember this special time.


Here is what Baby Scout is up to these days:

*Baby Scout is 245 days, and we are 87.5% through

*Baby Scout has about 35 days left in my belly and will be full term in 14 days (OMG, that is two weeks!)

*Baby Scout is approximately 18.2 inches and about 5 pounds 6 oz

*Baby Scout has increasing amounts of fat that are being stored in her skin.

*Baby Scout was head down this Saturday when we had our ultrasound.

*Baby Scout may not be ready to regulate her own temperature yet.

*Baby Scout's lungs area almost completely formed but still have some time left to mature.

*If Baby Scout was born today, her survival rate would be 99% and her rate of serious medical complications would be 8%.

*Baby Scout is about the same size as a large cantaloupe.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment