Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Overwhelmed!!!!!

I have found that when you are preparing to have a baby, you encounter many experiences that are a little overwhelming. From childbirth class to everyday tasks, everything now takes on new meaning. A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to experience something that I have heard my "mommy" friends talk about many times. This little experience has by far been something that I was not expecting to be overwhelming, but you might understand after looking at the pictures about what I am talking. Now, don't get me wrong! I absolutely loved this event and had so much fun going, shopping and working. But, I think there should be a disclaimer on the flier that should read . . . . . . FIRST TIMERS - BRING AN EXPERIENCED FRIEND!

What event am I talking about? Well, it is the huge consignment sale that takes place in our area in the spring and fall! A sweet friend of our family is in charge of the amazing event and does a fabulous job. You can check out the website here: Marketplace Consignment. I will post one or two pictures just to show you.

Now, you might be able to guess but all the pink signs are for girl clothes and all the blue signs are for boy clothes. Luckily, I was able to shop on the first day (thanks to my sweet hubby hauling racks), and I spent a little over two hours looking at 0 - 6 months clothes for Baby Scout and some maternity clothes. I can't imagine needing to shop for two children! Also, I had so much fun looking at all the fun toys (top photo, right-hand side) and looking forward to the time when Baby Scout will be ready for some of those (maybe the fall?).

So . . . . . what I would like to know experienced consignors in my area: What are some of your consignment sale tips? For example, my friend Alyson said that I should bring a laundry basket or box to put things in as I am looking! What kinds of things do you find are the best to purchase at consignment sales? What do you check for when you find a garment you like? How much do you generally spend on each garment? If putting items in the sale, how do you price them? What else does a first-time consignor need to know?

For consignors in other areas: What are some of your tips? What consignment sales do you have close to you? What else does a first-time consignor need to know?

Please feel free to leave comments if you like or just send me an e-mail. I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say!

So . . . . if you live in my area and have children or grandchildren, take a look at the Marketplace website and make plans to attend in the fall. You will have such a fun time and get so many great deals on fun items for your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment