Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Bucket List


Does everyone remember this movie from a couple of years ago? If you have not seen it, I do recommend you take the time to check it out! The plot of the movie is two terminally ill men escape from a cancer ward and head off on a road trip with a wish list of to-dos before they die.

Now, I never have been one to sit and make a list of things that I want to do before I die, but I have kept in my mind things that I would like to do or accomplish sometime during my life. Daniel also frequently does this as well. Both of us have had the chance to act on a couple of these things in the last year or so.

One thing I always wanted to do was run a half-marathon. Up until about five years ago, this would have never of been possible because I was so out of shape. But, last year, my wonderful friend Karen and I, knocked this challenge off the list. Take a look . . . .you can see Karen and I crossing the finish line at the very end. No, I didn't have a great finish time, but that leaves much room for improvement for the next one (In December, I hope!).

Daniel has always been a big fan of sports. Many items on his list include visiting a certain ballpark or place related to a certain sporting event. Last year on our family vacation, we were able to cross off one of his items - Visiting Wrigley Field! We all enjoyed a Cubs vs. Braves game, and the boys got to take a tour of the stadium as well!

Just this past week, Daniel was able to cross another item off his list. Take a look at this collage of pictures and see if you can guess what it was!

Yes, you guessed it! Daniel attended a Master's practice round on Monday! He had such a fantastic time. Here are a few pictures of the 240 he took while there!

So, what items are on your "bucket list"? What would you like to do or accomplish?

No comments:

Post a Comment